Sunday, March 17, 2013

I See You

I see you...... what do I do?


You're standing there at your locker, opening it. And while you try to remember your combo my mind starts to race and my heart stops. My body tightens up. My windpipe shuts. I'm losing oxygen. I can't think. People are just blurs as they walk past. I feel like I'm falling in a pit that has no end.

Everything starts to go dark..... I think this is the end.

But before I give into the darkness I see you look around and I see your face. All of a sudden a warm sensation goes through my body like when the sun comes out from behind the clouds. My mind becomes aware of the tiniest details of the pins that are in your hair and the color of eye shadow you are wearing. The lights of your eyes diminish all the darkness that surrounds me. You flip your hair and it's like an electrical current that brings my heart comes back to life.Your smile is like icy hot and my muscles and joints loosen and I feel like I could run for miles. You laugh and I remember how to breathe and feel like I could hold my breath for as long as I wanted to. This all happens in a matter of seconds. Before I know it you have already gotten the stuff from your locker and see me and come over to say hi. I reply and we walk down the hall talking about classes, movies and music.

Even though I to go through this everyday, it's worth it, because all that matters is I get to see you.

2 comments:

  1. All of a sudden a warm sensation goes through my body.

    I like this line

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i liked it too but i loved the simile that went with it "like when the sun comes out from behind the clouds."

      Delete